Stocking ideas for a 75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i am getting a 75 gallon tank and i would like some ideas for stocking my tank. All the fish from my 30 gallon breeder is going to go in the 75 gallon. In my 30 gallon i have 1 red tailed shark,1 male convict,1 bristlenose pleco, and 8 tiger barbs. I really want a firemouth so let me know if you think it would get along with my other fish. I am mostly looking to add some other american cichlids so if you know any that will be good for my tank let me know. I will be running 2 fluval c4 filters just so you know how much of a bioload the tank can take. All comments will be appreciated,thanks.

I think you will be fine adding a Thorichthys meeki

Alright thanks l, so far my stock is going to be
1 convict
1 fire mouth
1 red tailed shark
1 bristlenose pleco
8 tiger barbs

Do you know any other fish that would be good for my tank( preferably american cichlids)???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright thanks l, so far my stock is going to be
1 convict
1 fire mouth
1 red tailed shark
1 bristlenose pleco
8 tiger barbs

Do you know any other fish that would be good for my tank( preferably american cichlids)???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could do a pair of Firemouths easy and instead of doing the convict you could do 3 or 4 Honduran Red Points. If you aren't familiar with them I would best describe them as the less aggressive more colorful cousin to the convict.

Just for an idea my stock for my 75 is

4 x Honduran Red Point
2 x Fire mouth
1 x yellow labidochromis
1 x Green Terror
1 x Female Vieja Syns (will be re-homed if needed)
1 x Green phantom pleco
1 x clown loach

Back
Top Bottom