Suggestions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lreilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I need to find an active day time fish to go in a 40 gal tank. It currently houses, two Clown loaches that are about five inches each. Two plecos and two corys. This tank is in the bosses office of my husbands work and they want me to find her a new fish. She never sees the other fish and wants one kind of big, like the size of the others. I need to come up with a list of posibles. The tank has a penguin filter, an ugf w/power head, and a mag canister.

The lfs suggested gouramis or a big silver dollar they had. Which is the right size but I worry about the little corys all ready there. I really need help to find a good fit, she is willing to pay $30 a fish.

If you have any ideas at all please respond, I am going crazy trying to come up with some thing for some one else.

The new official gourami alternative for me is Rainbow fish.. Active / colorful fish that aren't tank bullies. Get the boss a small school of these guys! Everyone that has seen my tank (most don't care about fish) are very impressed with these guys. I have bohemian rainbows (purple front / orange tail)

I just sent her a list with pictures, and thoses where on there. We will see.

Ok she picked the Gouramis and Mollys. Two of each of those should be fine according to all the charts I can find. Will those numbers be ok. Is there any thing else that I should know that you learn by having them, that is not included in their profiles.

Back
Top Bottom