upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelseachuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i came into some money and thinking about upgrading to 20 or 30 gallon tank. im thinking should i just get another starter kit or can i transfer my filter and etc to the new tank ? should i buy tank and everything else separate. need advice.

Each filter is designed to handle a certain bioload. If you plan on having more fish in the larger tank, you will need a larger filter. Also, heaters are rated to the size of your tank. In my experience, starter kits are generally a pretty good deal. You may want to call your local PetCo and ask when they are having their next $1 per gallon sale on tanks (they do this a few times a year and the last one was in January)

I buy everything separate. That way I'm not paying for things I'm not planning to use, and I can customize everything.

It's really up to you. You can find some cheap stuff on craiglist but sometimes it doesn't last long. The starter kits are good if you want everything that is in them. If you want a different filter or light fixture or something piece by piece may be your best option.

i buy just the tank and the buy a really good filter and heater bc i like to over filter but thats just my opinion

with that budget id go to craigslist and find a good tank for about 30-40 dollars then id buy and aquaclear filter the one up to 50 so that'd be 80 dollars there and then buy a 30 dollars heater now you have 90 dollars to buy everything else you want

with that budget id go to craigslist and find a good tank for about 30-40 dollars then id buy and aquaclear filter the one up to 50 so that'd be 80 dollars there and then buy a 30 dollars heater now you have 90 dollars to buy everything else you want

are the starter kit equipment any good ?

i have a ten gallon right now i have the one came to the starter kit what would u recommend the filter i should get ? and isn't there like a procedure to take the bacteria from one filter to the one ?

an aquaclear filter is gonna be the most recomended filter and if yu can run both filter for a couple of weeks if not just take the filter cartlidges and put them in the new filter

so im gonna get the 29 gallon starter tank.. and buy a separate aqauclear filter and use the one that comes with the tank in my ten gallon =)

Back
Top Bottom