What do you feed your puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiBeau

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just curious and looking for more ideas for my fahaka puffers. Already had a thriving ramshorn/pond snail colony because of my pea puffers. My fahakas, Bonnie and Clyde are still on QT watch for now, but happily eat snails and blood worms. Bonnie is around 2.5 - 3 in, Clyde is more like 3 - 3.5 in. Both are very outgoing, doing well.

Backstory, these were bought from a local fish group on Facebook. Both had obviously not been well taken care of. Teeth were slightly overgrown, and I'm not sure if Bonnie had been written on with pen or tattooed, but she's got some odd markings (obviously not patterning) on her. Their teeth are already looking fantastic (when they nom on snails so I can see them) they only burrow into sand at night when sleeping and love to sit right up at the glass whenever I'm near.

Anywho- I've looked into breeding dwarf crayfish or getting a self cloning crayfish as another source of live food that I can control and take care to avoid diseases that some live foods can introduce, but I wanted to see what everyone else uses! (Also debated on mystery snails too. Gasp....I know.) oh and yes, crayfish are legal to own in my state. :D

Back
Top Bottom