Anemone troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndiH011

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,
I have had my nem for two weeks now. All has be going fine and my Maroon clown has been enjoying it to even feeding it.
Now over the past few days the tentacles have receded and the oral disc is on show.

Unlike all anemones I know it never moved from the spot that I first put it but now it is hiding under a rock and has shrunk dramatically. Nitrates had risen to 20ppm but I done a large PWC around 25% which reduced the nitrate.

Other than that all is about normal

My tank is 4.5 months old

Any clues guys?

If it doesn't change and start to fill with water again I will take it back to the lfs as I don't want this beautiful creature to die...:-(

Thanks in advance for any advice

Andi

After my clowns hosted my anemone it was never the same. Never opened up, was always on the run, often detached and floated around the water. The clowns stressed the heck out of it.

He eventually found his way into one of my temporary powerheads and died.

I guess just wait and see how it turns out.

scottayy said:
After my clowns hosted my anemone it was never the same. Never opened up, was always on the run, often detached and floated around the water. The clowns stressed the heck out of it.

He eventually found his way into one of my temporary powerheads and died.

I guess just wait and see how it turns out.

Hi Scott,

I had wondered wether the clown had upset it

God thing is that the foot is still firmly attached to a rock.

The marron is quite a bit bigger than the nem could this be a factor?

I guess your right just gotta wait and see what happens

Cheers bud

mr_X said:
Yes. I've had a large clown kill a green bta before, and a small clown cause a rose bubble to split.

Hey X,

In your opinion is it best to go for a larger nem than the clown to try and stop this from happening?
Would I be wrong in thinking that a larger nem would be harder to keep i.e more lighting etc.

Yes, a smaller clown/larger anemone would be ideal. Especially if the anemone has never had any dealings with a clown. That rose bubble that split is now used to the clown and both anemones have their own clowns, and show no signs of stress.
No, a larger anemone won't be more difficult. It will be exactly the same to take care of.

Back
Top Bottom