Cant keep certain snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
Water parameters PH 7.9, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite all 0. Calcium 440

I cant keep bubble bee shrimp, cerith.

Nassarius and turbos are almost a year old and are ok.

Could it be a lack of food?

I'd suspect it could be food issues. I never had luck with either of them living ling for me either. Got any hermits? I'm thinking that nassarius move too fast for hermits and turbos likely have a pretty strong "trap door" and cn fend them off. If you have no hermits, I'm sure that its just those two snails are less hardy than the two you're having luck with.

Your Ph is kinda low too. Again, the bumblebee and cerith may have lower tolerences than the other two towards stuff like that.

All the ceriths I had in my tank ended up dieing over a 6 month period. Everything else was fine. I chalked it up to the wrong kind of food available for them. Not sure if that assumption was right, though.

Bumblebee snails, I think, are carnivorous - so if you don't have a lot of leftovers after feeding the fish, perhaps it could be a food issue for them too?

I figured it was a food issue. It is only a 29g. I assume at some point food will become hard to find. I do have hermits but my snails are all bigger. I have all dwarf hermits. I did have a turbo die today. But he appeared to have gotten stuck under a rock.

Back
Top Bottom