Cleaning after copper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipper0512

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Whats the best way to clean pastic components after a copper treatment? Power heads and hob filters. No rock or tanks. What i have done so far it water and vinager. Risne. Soap and water. Rinse. Mild blean and water solution and rinse. Let dry completly. Anything else to consider?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I figured as much. I am not re-using any media, or anything just the fixtures. Was wonder if there was any other steps to take.

Thanks,

If you think any copper was absorbed then running seachem cuprisorb would help with removing it from water column if it was leaching.

If you think any copper was absorbed then running seachem cuprisorb would help with removing it from water column if it was leaching.

Our aquariums naturally have some trace amounts of copper in them. Generally around 10 - 80 parts per billion. The miniscule amount that could potentially be leeched from plastic is completely negligible.

Our aquariums naturally have some trace amounts of copper in them. Generally around 10 - 80 parts per billion. The miniscule amount that could potentially be leeched from plastic is completely negligible.
:facepalm:
My bad!
I forgot how excepting saltwater and reef(forum we are in) tanks are of copper!
What test kit does parts per bIllion?
OP added copper not dealing with natural levels?

:facepalm:
My bad!
I forgot how excepting saltwater and reef(forum we are in) tanks are of copper!
What test kit does parts per bIllion?
OP added copper not dealing with natural levels?

Scientific grade ones :) Way beyond my price range for test kits

Back
Top Bottom