help- sick Heniochus ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldfishead

Aquarium Advice Regular
can anyone help !!!!
my heni. is acting very strange, swimming very rapid in circles- crashing into rocks ,panting . way out of regular
could a ammonia spike cause this ???
12-2-06 checked water cond.
trates-20
amm.-0
trites.-0
ph.-8.2
temp.-80
s.g.-.023
12-10-06 p.w.c. 20%

today : all prams. are the same except ammonia .50 ?????
i dont know why it spiked, could that be why my Heni. is acting that way ???
i dont have a Q.T.
havent added anything to the tank sence 9-29 4 lbs. l.r.
anyone have any ideas ????? :cry:

Your nh3 could have been higher then what you're reading now if you haven't checked it since 12/2/06. Any amount of nh3 that can be read can hurt your livestock. Do you have water mixing to do a pwc? Do you have any nh3 toxic reducing chemicals like Amquel or Prime?

How are your other fish/inverts reacting? Notice any deaths (snails in paticular)?

How long have you had this fish?

The fact it is in a 30 gallon tank isnt helping either. Too small of a tank. They need alot of rockwork and tanks larger than 50 gallons. Is the lemonpeel harassing it any?

tec
i did a 20% p.w.c. yesterday , should i do another pronto ???
i can't find 1 of my hermits , could a dead invert be the nh3 problem ???
hara
my lemmon & clown are harrassing him more than usually !!!

i dont know if it's the harrassing or the nitrates ???
i had my heni 4 mon. now

my other fish show no ill effects
what should i do ???

thanks- oldfishead

You should keep doing water changes until the ammonia is at zero.

Just because you have had the fish for 4 months and it has survived so far,does not mean that it was a good situation..constant stress will ulitmately take its toll.

The reason the other fish arent showing the ill effects is that they are not as delicate as butterflies are.

hara& tec
news; just rechecked my amm. twice , reading "0"
i must have messed up the first test .
i think it,s a STRESS issue with my heni. , i've turned off the lights so maybe he can relax some
any additional advice ???
i try to be diligent with my tank !!!
thanks-oldfishead

Keep us posted and we will try to help. It sounds like you`ve got the water under control. As much as I hate to say it you might need to upgrade or trade him back in to stop the stress.

Back
Top Bottom