My blackmoor is very sick, stressed please help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy3221

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

about 3 days ago my Blackmoor gold fish was sitting at the bottom of the tank hardly moving. On further investigation I noticed white blots on the top of the hump and a decent marking on his side with a scale missing. I checked water condition and ph, gh, kh were all fine, nitrite was 0 nitrate was 20. I did a50 % water change and then Went straight down to my local pet store and (now I’m pretty sure I got the wrong advise) bought primafix and melafix. As I started the recommended amount my Blackmoor made his way from the bottom of the tank now to the top corner looking stressed and gulping quite heavily. 3 days in and doesn’t look like the melafix or primafix are doing much.Blackmoor is still in the top corner and his poor roommate comet doesn’t want to leave his side(not because he is sick but because the two are always on top of each other l) I also tested the water again and also found nitrite, very low but it concerned me so I did avacuum of the gravel and pretty much a 25% change. My
Blackmoor doesn’t seem well at all and doesn’t look like he will make it much longer unless I act on it tomorrow. This all happened in space of a week. Only thing i can think of is we tiled the front porch which created a whole lot of dust throughout my house and the lid of the tank was covered in dust and the loud grinding noises would of stressed out aswell. Please see photos. Is this Columnaris? Should I stop current treatment? Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• BE279644-DC6A-4BFB-B863-1B6F58001783.jpg
    BE279644-DC6A-4BFB-B863-1B6F58001783.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 68
  • DFCAF189-2BD4-49A9-974F-2AACFBFC4017.jpg
    DFCAF189-2BD4-49A9-974F-2AACFBFC4017.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 60B3756E-0FD0-4B35-9372-E82A0ECB7C1D.jpg
    60B3756E-0FD0-4B35-9372-E82A0ECB7C1D.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 58
Was the nitrite gone after the water change?

You need to get that number to 0.

All the things you mention could have added stress.

The patch at the front of the dorsal is indicative of Columnaris, the side looks like a patch as well.

What is the temp? Keep it a bit lower the disease thrives in warmer water.

Nitrofurazone and kanamycin are the one 2 punch. Furan-2 and Kanaplex other brands are available as well.

5 day in the melafix and primafix, i went down to the local aquarium and picked up tri sulfa. furan 2 and kanaplex items are illgeal to pruchase in australia i was told by after 4 aquarium.

did 2 days on the sulfa and water tests showed high numbers. stop treatment. put my active carbon back in for 2 days and did a water change. nititre 0 temp 22.5 ammonia 0-0.25 nitrate to 40. ph 7.5, started tri sulfa treament again because thats all i can get my hands on. Blackmoor is still gulping at the top of the tank. My comet is there aswell but only because he is lonley i guess he swims fine to the bottom without any issues. i have air pump and filter running. should be heap of oxygen.

angry with myself because i didn't cover the fish tank when i had tiling works happen because it has all started since then. after this treatment i am stuck with ideas what to do. Neither of them are eating now. I have tried pellets and peas. Comet seems healthy. i don't want my blackmoor suffering.

Next steps? should i continue this trisulfa? Was going to re home my commet into the pond to allow it grow to its potential

Back
Top Bottom