I am very sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oOoMzPiinkoOo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Why did scar die he is the dark lion fish I nearly put him in yesterday the other one simba with white is still alive but why did he survive and not the bigger one

Attachments

• image-842667666.jpg
    image-842667666.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 317
There could be any number of reasons. But to narrow it down, how did you acclimate them? How long has the tank been setup? What are your current water parameters?

Well we did what out Lfs said to do let them float in the bag for 15 mins and every 5 mins add our water to there's ten let them lose after 3 repeats of adding water ....... 2 we went through the cycle so we have had the tank with little damsels and it's 110 gal tank

oOoMzPiinkoOo said:
Well we did what out Lfs said to do let them float in the bag for 15 mins and every 5 mins add our water to there's ten let them lose after 3 repeats of adding water ....... 2 we went through the cycle so we have had the tank with little damsels and it's 110 gal tank

Salt level 117
Ph 8.3
Nitrates are at sky blue

we bought 2 thai red crabs but one died. we heard they like to be in pairs what will happen if i remove the died crab what will happen to the other one

From your other post.

jsmith said:
+1 fish can die for a number of reasons... when asking a question such as that. it's good to know what you ammonia, nitrites, nitrates.. water temp and age of tank... any previous problems this will help us all out.. as well as how u acclimated the fish..

For future reference you need to acclimate your fish for alot longer than three dumps of your tank water. I put my fish in a small container and add cupfuls of water over a 2 hour time frame. If the container or bag fills up before that just dump some water out and keep adding your tank water by the small cupfuls. You want the fish to be in mostly your tank water when you put him in your tank.

Also, never ever put the water the fish came in into your tank. Net the fish out or cup him out of the container or bag and out him only into the tank and throw away the water that was used to acclimate them.

carey said:
For future reference you need to acclimate your fish for alot longer than three dumps of your tank water. I put my fish in a small container and add cupfuls of water over a 2 hour time frame. If the container or bag fills up before that just dump some water out and keep adding your tank water by the small cupfuls. You want the fish to be in mostly your tank water when you put him in your tank.

Also, never ever put the water the fish came in into your tank. Net the fish out or cup him out of the container or bag and out him only into the tank and throw away the water that was used to acclimate them.

+1 great tips carey well explained.. I would like to stress the don't put their water in your tank!

Now we know oops he already had done that yikes ... So we got a new lion fish mufasa is his name but when we try to feed them silverside fish they won't eat it am I doing something wrong I've seen them try and attack the damsels there just too quick for them ... Thanks for ur help guys

I personally dont have any experience with lion fish, my friends have one and they feed him live fish. :-(

I'm personally appalled that they do that and have told them on many occasions. They feed live freshwater fish. Makes it even worse.

They just bought a carpet anenome and have a sixline, niger trigger and a sea urchin. LOL I'm just waiting for the call....

You said your salt level is at 117 it should be at 1.21 minimum!!

Back
Top Bottom