Ick here by night gone by day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay I have been treating my tang for ick with ick attach for 6 days. I am not sure what is going on. In the morning mt tang is covered with the white spots and he is flashing all over the place. After a couple of hours pass there are hardly no spots and he calms down. are the ick leaving his body during the day and reinfesting at night? Is this normal. I thought they stayed on they body of the fish to feed until the went to lay eggs?

I am treating the main. I am trying to avoid having to move the fish. I have 125g w/150lbs of lr won't be easy to catch the fish. I am trying to put together a qt. So this stuff isn't working??? :cry:

The problem with using meds in the main is that the rock and sand will absorb it making it impossible to keep the levels right to treat the problem. A QT and hypo is a much better way to treat ich.

Be aware that the treatments for ich (typically copper-based products) will kill *all* your invertebrates and *all* the bacteria on your LR - copper essentially kills everything except fish. Basically, treating your main will convert your LR into dead rock.

Yea Thanks I have read about all that. The stuff I am using is reef safe and is herbal. I am in the process of setting up a qt. I have to options. I have a 55 that is going to be on loan and A 30g that currently has gold fish in it that will be relocated for a while. I have read that if you treat a tank with copper that the tank can never house inverts again because the copper absorbs into the seals and glass. I have read that the copper can never be removed. If that is the case I don't want to mess up the 55g tank. The 30 has already had copper in it. If the other fish don't have ick can I just put them in the 55 for 8 weeks and treat the tang alone in the 30g?

If the other fish don't have ick can I just put them in the 55 for 8 weeks and treat the tang alone in the 30g?
If the fish are in the tank with the infected fish, chances are they have it. They are just not showing symptoms. Why not use both tanks and use hypo. Or just the 55. Not sure how many fish you have. Hypo will not bother the tank. Also the main needs to be fishless for 6-8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom