Is my anemone healthy? sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just wondering if my anemone is sick, and if its bleached or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 115
Little hard to tell from the lighting, but it looks a tan color. If that's the actual color, then it seems ok. As long as its not white or clear looking, should be ok. It might darken a little more as time passes, but seems ok for now.

It is a tan colour. How often should I feed it, once a week? Can I feed it the same stuff I feed my fish, which is marine pellets and sometimes the frozen cube with brine and krill

It is a tan colour. How often should I feed it, once a week? Can I feed it the same stuff I feed my fish, which is marine pellets and sometimes the frozen cube with brine and krill

Once a week is fine, but it should be something a little meatier for it to thrive. A piece of thawed silversides or raw shrimp about the size of the nem's mouth is good. :)

my coral banded shrimp pinched one of the tentacles on my anemone... the tentacle deflated, looks a little better now, you think he'll be fine? im going to get rid of my CBS, he's a butthead

I would tend to think that he'll be okay, but I haven't had that happen, so I have no first hand experience. I hope so.

I heard that there's a problem when only the mouth area and the foot are damaged, the tentacles can fix themselves pretty quick, I hope that's true !

Had a nem shredded in a power head lost over half o it's tentacles and it survived. They heal up pretty quick. Remember that most nem can be propagated by slicing directly in half.

Hiya, I have the same condylactis anemone, mine was very white and bleached when I got it but I have looked after it well and is now creamy browny colour, I use a turkey baster and blast it with mysis once a week and has grown a hell of a lot !

Back
Top Bottom