My rose BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, I checked my tank before I left for work today. My anenome was in the same spot with no changes. However, I noticed my two percs where swarming around something on the LR. I got a flash light and I have a second rose BTA in my tank now. Could it have come in on LR? I added 30lbs in late Aug. More likely, it split. I have no idea when this happend. They are both the same size, about 3 inches across. Could have been in the last few days. Anyone know how big they are when they split? I will not be home until tomorrow morning so I guess I will have to see how they are doing then. Lando

The anemone would end up being 50% of it's original size. Keep in mind though that size is relative to the amount of water they are holding at a given time, not tissue mass so it can be a bit deceiving.

Since it has been two weeks since the onset of the odd behavior the two would have healed up and looked no different than before it happened. I find it odd though that you would not have noticed it if the anemone was out in the open. Where did you get the rock from and if an LFS did they have BTA's at the time?

Do you spend long time periods away from home? When they split it can take 12-24 hrs (sometimes less) and will not normally leave the general area right away if at all.

Cheers
Steve

LR was keys from liverocks.com. I work 24 hour shifts so I am away from home a lot. Its weird, I look at my tank all of the time so you think I would have noticed something.

lando said:
Its weird, I look at my tank all of the time so you think I would have noticed something.
That's where you lost me.. LOL. It's not something most would overlook :p

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for your help, Steve. Do you think the two will be okay together in a 72 gal. BF? Or should I bring one to the LFS?

Both will do just fine together in a 75 gal tank. Being of the same speies there will be no aggression issues at all. In fact BTA's are most commonly found in small clutch's.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for posting the pic. I've never seen one like that. I have no idea what could have caused that, keep us posted.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom