picaso trigger's mouth looks swollen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive had my trigger for about 3 months, always swimming around during the day and will swim and feed on a cube of brine shrimp as soon as I drop it in my tank. today I came home and found him hiding under a rock, drop a cube of brine shrimp and didnt even make an attempt to get it before my other fish. I noticed his lips were wide opened and a bit swollen. should I be concerned?

may be a fungal infection if there are tuffs around and or in the mouth, or he may have attacked something in the tank that fought back, or something may have bit him. is it just swollen under the skin, what are your tanks NO2 NO3 and Ammonia at, and what are its tank mates

Ive got 2 three striped damsels, 1 regal tang,1 naso tang, 1 cleaner wrasse, and a blue lobster in a FO with LS in a 55 gal tank. NO2,NO3, and ammonia levels are always pretty low.

:lol: nevermind my dad just told me what happened :lol: . I had gotten a new powerhead 402 and guess he got curious, he got too close to the intake tube and got sucked in thus the swollen lips :lol:. well, I removed the small tube,so my next question is will my triger be all right? hes still eating, just weak and no damaged parts.

I had my Picasso Trigger not eating because I think that he might of chipped his tooth when he was picking up pieces of crushed coral.Eventually, he got better, and shows no signs of deformation in his mouth.

I would feed him food that will wear down his teeth, such as krill, clams, plankton, etc.. Brine shrimp doesn't contain all the nutrients that other foods have. FFT

Mike

Very True.I feed my Picasso Trigger Krill,Mysid Shrimp,Brine,Trigger Formula,Zooplanton,Flake,Veggies,Squid,and Fresh Lettuce attached to a pipe.

Ive got 2 three striped damsels, 1 regal tang,1 naso tang, 1 cleaner wrasse, and a blue lobster in a FO with LS in a 55 gal tank. NO2,NO3, and ammonia levels are always pretty low.

I was just looking at your tank photo (from the homepage)...no offense here but do you know the tank requirements for a naso tang? Not only that, that tank is dangerously over stocked by 3x its bio capacity. You have 3 large growing fish and several others in a 55g, that is begging for a system crash man. I'm sure others will chime in here with suggestions, but you need to come up with a plan to move some of these fish elsewhere. Not to mention it looks like a newly setup tank...another big no-no for tangs. Who has been advising you on this tank?

6797PA060058.JPG

yeah I know.....actually Im checking all my levels everyday because I am paranoid of having my tank crash. But I purchased the naso, regal and powder blue knowing that I would need a bigger tank in the next month in a half, about 125 to a 150 gal tank. Right now the 3 tangs that i have are still fairly small in size. As far where I get my advice from, Man, this site is like a bible to me to. :lol: but thanks for your concern though, 8)

Back
Top Bottom