quarentine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just put my purple dottyback with cupramine and tested and it is 0.25 like it should.the directions say to repeat after 48 hours but the pet store says just do it once for two weeks.i think he is wrong.people with experience with this stuff could you help me out

dwint said:
i just put my purple dottyback with cupramine and tested and it is 0.25 like it should.the directions say to repeat after 48 hours but the pet store says just do it once for two weeks.i think he is wrong.people with experience with this stuff could you help me out

What tested .25 ammonia? You don't want any, even in your qt. You can get away with this by running your sponge filter in your dt refuge for a few weeks before getting new fish.

I have a sponge on my return pump, that also fits a power head. That runs at all times, so if I need the qt, I move the sponge and replace it with my clean spare. After the qt is done, wash the sponge for next time.

Normally 50% water change daily and redose according to % taken out.

The optimal amount of copper should be 0.50 as recommended by seachem even though it would be effective even at .20 I would still put it at 0.50 but don't go above that level. Also I think I would keep it a little longer say like three weeks just to be sure.

i put 6 drops in a ten gal,then like it says i redosed in 48 hours with 6 more drops.this is the third day and he looks fine.but my blenny in another tank is rubbing on the decos so i put him in there too.this lawnmower blenny is full grown i hope he makes it

You need to put ALLLLLLLL fish in the quarantine. If it is ick, it's still in the tank, and they will catch it again. You need to quarantine ALL fish for 6 weeks and leave the rank fallow of fish.

Back
Top Bottom