red slime remover and BTA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billberet

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey,
i found some red slime oozing across my sand, i usually use red slime remover and it's gone in a few days.

but now i have a BTA in my tank with 2 clowns.
can i still use the ultralife red slime remover?
the kind i am using is a yellow powder, comes in a small vile.

I didnt want to take any chances so I sucked the slime off the sand. Then I poured new sand around the area to deprive the slime of any light, just in case I did not get it all

I used that stuff once. My skimmer went nuts, had to turn it off. After 2 to 3 pwc lager ones it worked again.
Found out Sally light foot crabs eats it.
But that was my old tank.
Might need more flow like I did

that's natural, you are supposed to turn off your skimmer for the duration of the dose. else you just remove the medication from the water. after you are finished you then do a 40% water change. then you can turn on your skimmer.

Do you normally use it with corals?
i don't have corals, but from my friends that do. they say the corals might get a little upset but nothing fatal. afterwards the corals go back to their normal self. Granted, someone might chirp in saying all their corals died. I can only speak from my personal experience of what i saw first hand. and i haven't seen a coral die from red slime remover.

Back
Top Bottom