Sick bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaggiesGame

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had my bubble tip anemone for about 2-3 months now, and it's been doing great. This morning I noticed that none of its tentacles were moving which was a little strange, so I tested the water. By the time I was done, the poor thing looked really pathetic, all shriveled and limp. I noticed that it had some sort of mucous or something coming out of its mouth and when i removed some of it..it was like a pink dust in the water.
I don't know what happened, but my ph dropped from 8.2 yesterday to 7.8 today. That is the only problem I can find in the tank. The hawaiian featherduster was also limp and for the first time, I could see the 2 tentacles and mouth. Could this be from the dropping of ph?

sal- 1.024
amm-0
nitrites-0
nitrates-0
cal-440
ph - 7.8

Anemones will deflate from time to time, anemones also poop as well as regulate the zooxanthellae in their tissue. It is possible that the ph change upset it, but if it has come back to normal, I would imagine the anemone will be back to it's old self in the AM, if not, please post a pic as well as a description of any events that took place over the night.

Back
Top Bottom