Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tang is not eating

My tang is not eating. He seems to be hiding in the live rock all the time. unless he goes out when im not around, and eats the algea off the live rock. Is this correct?

Old 04-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
What kind of Tang. When did you get it? How big is the tank? What are the other inhabitants? What are you feeding? What else is in the tank? What kind of/how much lights?

Old 04-06-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
What kind of tang? Did you try some "Nori" . You can get it at the Asian food store, it is made of compressed seaweed and comes in strips. You can get a clip from you lfs and clip it to the glass. My Yellow loves it. Also try soaking your frozen food in garlic juice, this stimulates their hunger.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I forgot the name of it. Hes dark blue, but changes to gray at times. I got him on friday 4/2/04. the other fish are shrimp, blemmy, and a clown. Im feeding brine shrimp. i have a 65 gallon tank, and i have regular floresents
Old 04-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I forgot the name of it. Hes dark blue, but changes to gray at times. I got him on friday 4/2/04. the other fish are shrimp, blemmy, and a clown. Im feeding brine shrimp. i have a 65 gallon tank, and i have regular floresents
Old 04-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Brine has no nutrition value, its like eating lettuce. Mysis shrimp is much better. Tangs like a lot of variety. I would try the nori and soaking the frozen in garlic if you suspect she is not eating.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
Quote:
You should research all new additions before purchasing them. If you dont know the name how did you research it. A 65 gallon is too small for a tang. I would recommend you take the fish back. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I want to get to the point so you can have a successful tank. That way you won't waste your money and fishes lives.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #8

Do some reading. You obviously have no idea how to even feed your fish. A 65 is to small for a tang. Brine shrimp is crap, a fish can starve on belly full of brine. Take it back and do some research.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Easy people.

www.panhandlereefers.com

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
GrndHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:33 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

In my past experience with keeping tangs, I also used to think brine shrimp was a good source of food. But after doing a lot of research, you will also find (as I did) that they will lose their magnificent colors in time if there is no proper diet for them.

Mike

Tags
eat, eating, not eating, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com