Torch coral help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I just bought a small torch coral. I don't know to much about them. I have good water params, a power head and reef sun 50/50 lights. Help and advice and info would be appreciated.

What exactly are your water parameters? Also, is this the reef sun t8 bulb?

For parameters you are looking for Nitrates to be less than 10, phosphate to be less than .1, calcium to be around 420, and Alkalinity to be at 8 - 9

If you don't get stronger than t8 lighting the torch will very likely just die. I would also like to add that some research before buying things for your tank is a good idea.

Some good sites for information on fish and corals:
Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums
Buy Live Coral, Saltwater Fish, Aquarium Supplies | Vivid Aquariums | Tropical Fish Store Los Angeles

Yes it's the t8 bulbs. So far every other coral in my tank has been happy and surviving. My nitrates are at 3 no phosphates, and my calcium is at 424. I don't have an alkalinity test kit. I hope my torch doesn't die:( thx for the links:)

Candy cane coral for about 4 months. Mushrooms and xenia for about a month. And I bought the zoanthids the same time as the torch.

What ive seen with mine is that they like LOW flow and to be lower in the tank

Back
Top Bottom