Worms died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I would like to ask whether why my bristle worm died? I just bought the LR yesterday, last time when I just started my another tank, it also happen, many of the worms died on the sand, is it that this kind of scene will happen to new tank? Why does this happen? Will all the living things in the LR die? My amminia is not at peak now, my NO2 is 0.8mg/l.

Well nitrite itself should be consitered just as toxic as ammonia. and .8 is rather high.

ANother thing is the rock. When you bring it home how do you transport it? The worms will be comming in on the rock so if the worms dry out to much or get to cold in the travel they will parrish.

The LFS and my house distance are just stone throw away, less than 5 mins walking distances. And I place the LR in the moment I reach home. So should I leave it as it is now? Will every single worm and organism die? Will they reproduce? Thanks for all reply.

Help! My tank NO2 level gone up to 1.6mg/l. As I read from some article that the NO2 will rise to a peak level, so is it now is the peak and I have to wait for it to drop by itself? Or should I do anything to it?

Let it drop by itself. If you have living creatures in your tank and the levels become absolutley toxic you can do water changes but that will only prolong the cycling process.

Just curious, are you dosing anything during the cycle? I use coral-vital and man it causes the most "im doomed" false spikes I have ever seen. Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom