Yeast in my saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoots2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was told that yeast is very good food for brine shrimp.. So i feed it two times by sooo litlle amount...then i forgot and i syphoned the brine shrimp with its water forgetting about the yeast and feed my fish in the tank...after one day all the cleaner shrimps died Then the fish one by one was gone..?????...does the yeast do this to my tank or another thing????

Missed your thread but I highly doubt it was the yeast. It is a single cell organism that I don't think can survive in sw.im guessing it was something else

Thank you guys for helping me

You're welcome! no prob!

All unnecessary sarcasm aside,

Don't worry about it. Yeast is quite literally EVERYWHERE and on every single surface in the house. It is also falling in your tank constantly.

The fish and shrimp likely died due to some other reason. Did you test the parameters at all during this? What is your salinity? What about tank water change schedule?

Thank you guys

I was doing 20% water change every 10 days and my salinity was 1.025...parameters was normal as always ...and notice my friend's shrimp also dead in the same night and also the fish afterwards...i think i am going to concentrate on freshwater as the saltwater is so complicated..thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom