Yellow Tang not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a yellow tang for about 2 months now. Right now he isn't eating like he did when we first got it if at all. We feed our fish mysis and flake which he was eating. We recently got it green seaweed and seaweed pellets.

The first couple weeks we got him, he developed red marks all over him. Looking at him it was external and it looked more internal. It didn't look like scratches or anything like that.

He was also very agressive, but that has now subsided. We had a damsel fish that was causing the aggression.

We have added a few new fish recently. I'm wondering if it isnt eating due to stress.

He is moving around the tank normally and it could be that he is grazing on the rocks. But he looks awfully skinny now.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Same thing is happening to mine.ive had mine for about 6 months and about a month ago he started loosing his color and now it's been about a week since he hides and doesn't eat. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom