angel fish...Sleeping ?????? help urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzycomosy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know that sounds weird but I have a angel fish that lies down on its side and looks as if he is dying but when I go to remove him he jumps up and starts swimming,this happened last night and I thought he might be dead
today but when the lights are put out in the tank he starts swimming , I put the lights back on and he makes straight for the bottom and lies down on his side and looks as if he is going to die....I turned the lights off again and up he pops and starts swimming to the top again...what is wrong with him????

This could be a swim bladder problem. Does he swim straight when he gets up, or is he a bit wobbly?

What is his usual diet?

Is he eating?

What are your water parameters?

Hi, How would I cure this bladder problem,you are correct he is very wobbly he swims ok for a while then seems to go to his side,he is eating cichlid gold and dried sea food and flakes the water parameters are fine I tested them yesterday they are all within the perameters and I did a 20%water change on Tuesday.
thanks for the help..but what should I do next????

Try feeding him blanched peas. It may simply be a case of constipation causing pressure on his swim bladder. Blanch the pea, take off the skin, and if you have epsom salt in the house, put a single grain inside each pea half. Try to get him to eat these. Continue feeding peas as long as he will eat them or he recovers. If he won't eat the peas, you could try dosing the tank with epsoms, but I don't have the dosage rate on hand here.

If you do not see rapid improvement, it is either a swim bladder infection ("Dropsey") or a swim bladder injury. In either case the treatment is the same, get an antibiotic advertised to treat Dropsey and continue a healthy varied diet.

thanks for all the help ,just to let you know that I have quarantined him and I have started a swim bladder treatment he seems to be responding a little better than he was in the big tank..ie he will have a little swim around then make for the floor again ,but he is coming up and swimming a little more than he did!keep my fingers crossed.
I have 1 question they say to feed them live food are the sea monkey attachments any good?

Back
Top Bottom