anus worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50 mls? (gulp!)

I haven't heard of any fish OD'ing on this particular drug...

Keep an eye on them. It should start working in 24 hours and the little worms should start falling out. Vacuum substrate regularly to pick up the worms and any eggs in the tank.

Yea. I read that some1 put the whole 500ml into a 200l tank and they were fine. I just hope its enough.

ForumRunner_20130817_092450.jpg

ForumRunner_20130817_092458.jpg

ForumRunner_20130817_092505.jpg

The worms seem to be alot further out this morning.

I'm not able to see the pictures, but this sounds like Camallanus. Levamisole works great, but there's a chance the worms might die inside the fish, causing the fish to eventually die. Those worms are attached to the intestinal walls. Once you're done with this treatment, treat with an antibacterial, preferably in a food form. Garlic is also good for this.

Good luck!

David

I'm not able to see the pictures, but this sounds like Camallanus. Levamisole works great, but there's a chance the worms might die inside the fish, causing the fish to eventually die. Those worms are attached to the intestinal walls. Once you're done with this treatment, treat with an antibacterial, preferably in a food form. Garlic is also good for this.

Good luck!

David

It looks like the worms are coming out. Help this process by feeding the fish Epsom salt soaked food. Epsom salt is a laxative and will help them pass the worms. I suggest using a 3% solution of Epsom salt to RO water, which would be 3 grams per 100mls, soak some freeze dried black worms (FDB) or pellets, and feed to your fish.

Just an FYI, some use Epsom salt soaked food to treat HEX.

Ill go to shop tomoz and get some.
Thanks every1 for the help hopfully other can find this site and be able to treat their fish without the maths. A quick stop to see how much was used and how fast it worked.
Ill keep this updated.

Ill go to shop tomoz and get some.
Thanks every1 for the help hopfully other can find this site and be able to treat their fish without the maths. A quick stop to see how much was used and how fast it worked.
Ill keep this updated.

When you buy the Epsom salt, read the label to ensure that its 100% magnesium sulphate, with no scents, fragrance, or additives.

Im pretty sure I have a magnesium sulphate lamp. Mmmmmm ?

Nothing really to update still worms coming out. Dunno if any have been ecpelled but there seems to be less.
Not seeing any stringy clear poo from the fish anymore

Excellent. Remember to vacuum your substrate every day to pick up the worms and eggs.

Still seeing worms on the one angle looks like only one or two. (Used to be 3 or 4) Not sure if there falling out or not. Done a mager vacuum water change and redosing.

Massive explosion in plant growth. 1 inch in a couple of days.

Thanks for the update. I suggest that you do not redose for another 7 days. The usual therapy is once a week for 3 weeks with a major water change before each dose.

Heya. Fish seem happier had some angels lay eggs fir the first time
But one is still showing worms and others are still doing stringy poos, less than before but still happening. So I did a bit more digging and found this article
http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/CamellanusTreatment.pdf

In this it states that I should be using 1.5 ml for ever 7.5l of water.
Ran the maths and says I should be putting in 100ml levicide.
Have a read through the article and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom