Anyone use prazi pro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbcrash

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can't remove my carbon in the tanks. I have like 30 media filters. I have 6 filters running for 2 tanks. All with carbon

If you cant remove the carbon, theres no point in using meds because it will remove them. Prazipro is dosed for goldfish at 5mg/l or 1tsp/10g for this particular product. It needs be well shaken before dosing. Big wcs (as in as big as possible) are necessary before treating and before redosing.

Ugh do I need to rinse my filters not the media when running no carbon? Do I add bacteria? I did a water change and added prime. Then prazi pro. I keep finding worms on the fishes body. But I remove them. Please help

No they are not y shaped. They are brown and I find them on the fishes tail. I Also find them at the bottom of the bucket doing water changes

Do they swim in an undulating fashion (like a snake)? Are they attached with sucker ends? If they are brown and attached to the body/fins of a fish, they sound like leeches.

Some fish swim like a snake. That's why I wanna treat all the fish with prazi pro

Anchors are 'Y' shaped. The end of their body splits into a V (two tail pieces). They are very thin, white/opaque and look like threads, not worms. Planaria are white and do not feed on fish or attach themselves to fish. What your describing (brown and worm-like) sounds like leeches.

They are very difficult to eradicate. You can dip the fish in a salt solution to loosen them then remove them with tweezers. To remove them from your tanks, it will be a lengthy process. You will need to treat with an organophosphate insecticide. Cyropro is a newer formulation that uses a less toxic insecticide but I am not positive if its effective on leeches. Older DTHP formulations such as Clout will also work but are more toxic. Dimilin or malathion are other options but are also quite toxic. The insecticides will kill the adults only, not the eggs. Almost nothing kills the eggs, including bleach, heat, cold or drying. So, treatment needs to be lengthy (month, usually much longer) to kill new leeches as they hatch. Leeches are hermaphrodites and only a single leech is necessary to start an entire population. Not fun as I have dealt with them before.

Well, its your choice but your fish will be very anemic (and will have all sorts of health issues as the result), subject to transmissible diseases from the leeches and the leech bites will result in systemic infections. In the end, it will result in fish demise that is preventable.

Ok Il talk to my fish guy. I have 14 fish. 3 have problems. They will be fine

Ok Il talk to my fish guy. I have 14 fish. 3 have problems. They will be fine

Sounds like Jlk gave very good advice. Why come on here if the advice is just going to be dismissed. Very confusing. I guess it makes sense when you dont want to follow the directions on the bottle. Good luck to you and your fish (they are going to need it).

I am constantly doing water changes and I hate it. I bust my butt to make them happy and healthy and nothing is good enough. I'm not doing what he said. I trust my fish guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever consider the 'advice' offered by your so called fish guy is flawed? Ever question why all of your fish are chronically sick and have numerous health issues? Certainly not from his 'great' advice. No reasonable aquarist would suggest that you grossly overstock your tanks and intentionally stunt and sicken your fish.

Nope. I believe everything he says. My tanks arent overstocked.

That why your tanks are in such great shape. Looks like all your posts are about sick gold fish. oh yeah loved the one where you were so frustrated you wanted to flush all your fish. you might want to start listening to someone else or start doing a little more reading on the hobby.

Not trying to be a jerk just saying it looks like you are having a rough time with your fish. People aren't hear to trick you. You came on hear for advice from some pretty knowledgeable people and that is what you got. JLK was dead on with his recommendations.

Oh and you are over stocked for gold fish they have huge bio loads. Stocking level is not simply about having room to swim.

Back
Top Bottom