betta not moving much.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok water is good. Five gallon filtered w only one betta and he is not swimming around hardly at all. I moved tank a few days ago and all.he does is hide now. Not even sure he is eating. I am getting nervous for.him ...

Have you checked the water parameters? Is the tank heated?

Ya they are good and yes. Waters at 77. But wasn't till yesterday. I just added heater. But brought temp up slowly. I have to head out. So I guess I can do Pwc in case when I get home. I am so sad. This is my first betta. Been keeping fish for eight yrs now. Always thought Bettas would be an easy a.

Not necessarily. Unfortunately, due to the mass breeding of betta fish and the stressful conditions they are kept in up until they are put into a home, they can be a little finicky.

Ya its sad though bc he was a beautiful specimen. Hope he pulls through.

Starting to swim more...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120106_185106.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120106_185106.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 53
Thanx. Doin reg Pwc to assure opt conditions

Maybe he is just getting used to the new spot? Difference in light, traffic, noise, etc. Mine usually mellow out when they get moved to a new spot.

Def more traffic where he is. And the floor creaks everytime we walk by his tank... Maybe we were disturbing him...

Mumma.of.two said:
Pretty fish! I'd bump the temp up to 80F. He'll appreciate that.

Ok. I always thought 76-78 was desirable range

Back
Top Bottom