Black angel turning gold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This guy is still young so I'm hoping he is just getting more color as he grows. He is about quarter sized and I've had him the longest of my angels. He is about quarter sized. Is it normal for black angels to get lots of gold? Or is this some kind of disease and possibly related to the death of my khuli loaches? He eats great and is active, he is the only angel that doesn't like to be a part of the group. He prefers to forage alone, usually poking at snails.

? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407277538.369204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I don't know much about angels but it looks as it's just coloring up, very nicely too.. pm Andysagar, he's the angel go to!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know much about angels but it looks as it's just coloring up, very nicely too.. pm Andysagar, he's the angel go to!

Thanks brook! I hate to bother aAndy. Poor guy he is in high demand. Maybe he will see this in passing. And agree that my double black is really a koi.

Sent from my iPhone

It may be a marble angel and was just starting to color up like Brookster said

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Like this one?

Attachments

• 1407340083197.jpg
    1407340083197.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 60
I think just about all angels get that "gold dust" coloring on their heads/backs.
On some it is just more pronounced or covers more of their body.

Awesome! Thanks guys. I noticed two others were starting to get it yesterday too! :) thanks again. I think it looks pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom