Gold fish life jacket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok guys please don't laugh but has anyone made a gold fish life jacket to help their fancy gold fish stay afloat?

I just looked online and a man made one for his fish using plastic tubes?

Anyone made one? Also if so what did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi sure here's the name of the clip of the goldfish with the floating device he made.

It's on YouTube it's called:
Einstein the Goldfish gets float to help him swim

My fish isn't doing the best sadly she has got worse.

That is amazing of you to want to do for your fish. I hope it works out.

What is wrong with your fish? :(

It's great isn't it. I have the stuff to make it. She has swim bladder I have tried everything to help her.
I have just for some medicine to rule out a parasite if that doesn't work I am going to try the life jacket to help her stay afloat. She's a great little fish!

No not yet still looking for a few parts. She's realty gone down hill since speaking to you last :-(

Oh.

Oh gosh. I'm so sorry. Is she eating? I'm sure you're keeping on top of water changes.

I'm having some trouble with my betta. I hope he'll be ok.

Hi she's still eating but not much keeping on top of water changes. I have removed all the decorations from the tank so she doesn't bump into them and bought a live plant. She looks really bad :-( I do think she is suffering now.
Would a vet put her down? I couldn't do it myself.
I'm sorry to hear about your fish

I'm sorry :(

You're doing what you can. Please try to do water changes :)

If you think she is suffering and you can't bear to do it yourself, please do call the vet and explain the situation.

Clearly you love and care about your fish. If she's truly suffering, humanely ending her suffering would be the kindest thing you could do for her now.

Thank you :)

How are things?

Hey just reading through threads, you are having trouble with bubbles?! Bless his heart. And about the goldfish, Swim bladder is just so sad to watch any fish suffer through. You can try fasting her for a few days. I've never had trouble with swim bladder in my goldfish and here's why: my goldfish are what I call my "Wild" goldfish. I've got comets, Black moors, Orandas, Fantails, and even koi. All these fish live together in one of my ponds. I don't do water changes often so it allows for great things. #1 natural food for the fry. #2 ALGAE #3 beneficial bacteria for high water quality. I put algae in all caps because with algae in my pond I don't feed my fish but maybe once a month with koi pellets. Honestly with goldfish the less you feed them the better. Now because I'm assuming this is an aquarium we are talking about here you won't have enough algae to feed her. But boiled spinach will surely do the trick. The point is, don't feed her everyday or even every other day. Grow algae purposely or at least don't be afraid of it. It's not aesthetically pleasing but it's really a better option than constant feeding. I hope she gets better. If not I would look into putting her in an outdoor pond or a different tank that had different parameters. If it get extremely bad though here's a video on euthanasia of goldfish:
Best of luck!

NatureFish
????

Yes, I am :( It's heartbreaking. This little fish that I love that brings so much joy and happiness is really sick. I feel so awful for him, I hate seeing him uncomfortable and suffering. First noticed it Friday night, didn't realize what was going on or how bad it was until Sunday. I used some Pimafix on Monday. We turned up the temp on the tank to around 80 degrees to make him more comfortable (we keep it normally around 77-78). He was pretty bad off at this point. This morning when we got up, he was swimming around in the front of the tank a little bit, he wasn't hiding in his log like he had been for the last two days. We also mixed some epsom salt in water to add to his tank to help him feel more comfortable and hopefully cut down on the bloat. And added more Pimafix. I really hope he pulls through, or at the very least, suffers less. I don't want my little guy to suffer. He's such a cute, curious, active little fish, it hurts seeing him like this :(

Yes, I am :( It's heartbreaking. This little fish that I love that brings so much joy and happiness is really sick. I feel so awful for him, I hate seeing him uncomfortable and suffering. First noticed it Friday night, didn't realize what was going on or how bad it was until Sunday. I used some Pimafix on Monday. We turned up the temp on the tank to around 80 degrees to make him more comfortable (we keep it normally around 77-78). He was pretty bad off at this point. This morning when we got up, he was swimming around in the front of the tank a little bit, he wasn't hiding in his log like he had been for the last two days. We also mixed some epsom salt in water to add to his tank to help him feel more comfortable and hopefully cut down on the bloat. And added more Pimafix. I really hope he pulls through, or at the very least, suffers less. I don't want my little guy to suffer. He's such a cute, curious, active little fish, it hurts seeing him like this :(

Poor thing! I hope he gets better.
You should post his problems. Maybe someone can help. What are his symptoms? Is he having Swim bladder?

NatureFish
????

Thank you :)

I made a separate thread -- he has dropsy or at least something that looks like it :(

Not the best. Her medicine arrived yesterday so I did a water change and checked all levels. I have added the medicine to the tank. She's still trying to swim but sideways she is still eating but still having trouble with the swim bladder. Her eye looks slightly better.
I am going to wait the 3-4 days for the medicine as by then if it's helped I should see some improvement in her, if not I am going to take her to the vets and have her put to sleep so she doesn't have to suffer any more. She's such a little fighter I was hoping she would pull through this but nothing seems to help. If I lived closer to where an exotic vet was I would take her there.
Poor Yahoo :-(

Back
Top Bottom