Help with the tetra!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BiggDaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a few neons in my tank and one of them has what looks a little piece of cotton stuck in his tail. ( i know that it is not cotton) just wondering what you think it might be????

At the base of the tail? It could be columnaris or NTD. There are alot of possibilities, can you get a picture? What are your params?

it's at the tip of the tail. i know that the water is good i tested it and took it to the pet store and it came out good with them too...

Sounds most like Fin Rot then. Google image it and see if it matches any. To treat it you can use a broad range medicine like Melafix and very clean water, I'd do a 50% WC twice a week.

Can you define "good"? Do you have the actual numbers?

yeah, sounds like fin rot to me as well. They should have some anti-fungal medicine at the pet store that should help

Agreed actual numbers are more helpful that good. It could be fungal, fin rot, bacterial. Hard to say without photos. A broad spectrum antibiotic would work for illness, fin rot extra water changes and some melafix would work.

i got the tank treated, my tank is still a little green (from the meds) but the fish look better already!!!!..... I got some new tank mates today !!!! 9 more neons.. they were free a guy i know is moving and not taking his tank, an i got his tetras. I know that it's not the best timing to be adding fish but, they were free and if i didn't he was flushing them.

Back
Top Bottom