Is something wrong with my blood parrot?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purebeh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've had my blood parrot for a month now. He seemed pretty normal the first 3 weeks. Hiding - understandably. But the last few nights, around the same time when I get home from work (midnight) I've found him in a still almost sideways position and tonight he was was basically upside down and looked pale. His stomach was white. I've done a bunch of research. I thought maybe swim bladder disease from over feeding because the water conditions are fine and being a new owner to a blood parrot I may have been over feeding him without knowing. I did slow down on the amount I was giving him and heard that peas could be good for that kind of thing so I fed him one this morning. He ate it. But apparently it didn't help (see photo attached) As of right now and only a couple mins after startling him when he was upside down he looks perfectly fine and has all his colour back. Was he sleeping or do I have more to worry about?

Thank you! Any input would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20190607_013257.jpg
    20190607_013257.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190607_015655.jpg
    20190607_015655.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 39
Sorry the pictures are sideways. the two pictures were only taken minutes apart. I didn't want to get to close on the second one because he might have been scared and hid. But you can see his colour back and he swimming normally.

Yes he is back to "normal" but there was a few scares. I haven't seen him floating weird the last two evenings. But I do worry that maybe I missed something because I haven't been home especially at the time where he has acted weird. could he have been possible just sleeping?

Yes he is back to "normal" but there was a few scares. I haven't seen him floating weird the last two evenings. But I do worry that maybe I missed something because I haven't been home especially at the time where he has acted weird. could he have been possible just sleeping?
Hello, I have a br parrot they are prone to constipation because of body shape(like fancy goldfish). You can feed boiled deshelled peas(works like a laxative). I do this 2xwkly. It's been working for me 1+yrs. Hope this helps!20190306_075806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom