Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2019, 02:57 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Is something wrong with my blood parrot?!

So I've had my blood parrot for a month now. He seemed pretty normal the first 3 weeks. Hiding - understandably. But the last few nights, around the same time when I get home from work (midnight) I've found him in a still almost sideways position and tonight he was was basically upside down and looked pale. His stomach was white. I've done a bunch of research. I thought maybe swim bladder disease from over feeding because the water conditions are fine and being a new owner to a blood parrot I may have been over feeding him without knowing. I did slow down on the amount I was giving him and heard that peas could be good for that kind of thing so I fed him one this morning. He ate it. But apparently it didn't help (see photo attached) As of right now and only a couple mins after startling him when he was upside down he looks perfectly fine and has all his colour back. Was he sleeping or do I have more to worry about?

Thank you! Any input would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_013257.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	313073   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_015655.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	313074  

Old 06-07-2019, 03:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sorry the pictures are sideways. the two pictures were only taken minutes apart. I didn't want to get to close on the second one because he might have been scared and hid. But you can see his colour back and he swimming normally.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

So he is back to normal??
Old 06-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yes he is back to "normal" but there was a few scares. I haven't seen him floating weird the last two evenings. But I do worry that maybe I missed something because I haven't been home especially at the time where he has acted weird. could he have been possible just sleeping?
Old 06-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purebeh View Post
Yes he is back to "normal" but there was a few scares. I haven't seen him floating weird the last two evenings. But I do worry that maybe I missed something because I haven't been home especially at the time where he has acted weird. could he have been possible just sleeping?
Hello, I have a br parrot they are prone to constipation because of body shape(like fancy goldfish). You can feed boiled deshelled peas(works like a laxative). I do this 2xwkly. It's been working for me 1+yrs. Hope this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190306_075806.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	313077

Tags
blood, parrot, rot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com