Lost 2 Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjkelly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help...I am worried something is going on I have lost two of my Julii cory's
one on wed adn the other thursday..I checked all the water parameters and everything looks great..my other fish seem to be fine..

any ideas?

thanks

Answer these Qs to ensure we have as much information as possible about your ailing fish and its environment:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the beset of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are there current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
9A~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

sorry

1 Julii corys
2 Amonia=0 Nitrates=0 Nitrites=10 temp=78 ph=7.6
3 10 gallon
4 agua clear 500
5 I have 6 glow light tetras
6 Water change on 4-2-05
7 2 months for the corys, 5 months for the tetras
8 I haven't added anything new
9 flakes for the tetra and sinking pellets for the cory's
I haven't change there diet at all..
the water looks great..nothing has been unstable at all..
I am just worried something is going on that I am not aware of..

thanks

I would just keep an eye on the other fish. What kind of substrate is in there? I know sometimes if the gravel is too sharp, they can lose their barbells, and that can be hard on them. Did you notice if their barbells were short or broken or anything? For now I would just keep up on your pwcs and watch close for any sign of illness in the other fish.
Good luck to you.

did you mean nitrites-0 and nitrates 10? If your nitrites are really 10, I think you found your problem,

Whew, ok :) . Your specs look good, maybe it was just your fishes time. I had a juli cory cat die unexpectedly a few weeks ago for no apparent reason.

Well,
all my other cories are do fine so maybe it was there time..

thanks

Back
Top Bottom