My poor betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few months ago my betta had a not too terrible case of fin rot, which I treated with maracyn 2. It seems since then, he would get some areas of disintegration on his fins, but they would start healing up on their own with in days. Well I noticed his tail was looking pretty bad a few days ago and I have been doing daily pwcs. This is not helping him. I don't want to use the maracyn again because it reacts weird with my water and causes a slime to cover everything in the tank. I know melafix is bad for him. I have some jungle Fungus Clear, would this be ok to use?

Sorry to hear about your betta. I think it's ok to use the Fungus Clear. I have used Jungle Fungus Eliminator many times on bettas and it works very well. The Fungus Eliminator, and the Fungus Clear that you have, both say that they treat fungal and bacterial infections. Although finrot is not in the list of conditions that the Fungus Clear treats (list is here): it should still help your betta.

I personally have used MelaFix on my betta with excellent results. Melafix is an all natural antibacterial that treats the wound and promotes rapid tissue healing.

MelaFix also promotes regrowth of damaged fins and tissue. I know a lot of people have mixed feelling due to the Melaleuca, but it works with my betta's. In fact, that same ingredient is found in the betta fix.

I have used the bettafix on my bettas for fin damage and it works very well. Just thought i'd add my two cents..lol

I just have read (a lot) how melafix/bettafix isn't good for their labyrinth organ. I think I will try the fungus clear, even though it will turn my poor tank blue.

I've seen such articles, and have seen both sides and I personally still have had success using the melafix. I have never used betta fix, so I wouldn't know about that.

I'm certainly not saying everyone should use it, but I myself have had no problems, but then again, I am very anal when it comes to weekly water changes(somtimes twice weekly) so I haven't had to use it more then twice.

Back
Top Bottom