Not sure what to do ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night i looked in my community tank and found one of my cory cats floating dead. I thought it just died of some natural cause or something but as i looked closer the tail had been ripped off, and it looked like it was missing some other fins. As i examined my tank closer i notice that my somewhat golden coloured angelfish's long fins are all shredded and are red(bleeding maybe?). Sometimes before i have seen my annostumus cigar fish chasing the angel around but the angel always got away, but i am now wondering if it has started to do worse damage. I also think that it may do it through the night because thats the times i catch it doing it. So now for the part i need help with. I ahve my 37 gallon community tank which consists of: 3 glowlight tetras, 1 neon tetra, 1 painted glass fiosh( i know its dyed now but i bought it a few years ago), 1 platy, 2 angelfish, 1 albino and 1 green cory cat, 1 red tailed black shark, 1 pleco, 1 octinnulis, and 1 annostumus cigar fish,, i have my 20 gallon goldie tank with one goldfish, and 1 empty 10 gallon.Now i would like to know if you could help me figure out waht i should do. I think my annostumus is harrassing fish, do you guys? Should i move him to some other tank. At the moment i also have a new ac200 to go on the 20 gallon, an ac200 and ac150 on the 37, and a ac 150 in use on my 20 gallon at the moment. Should i rearrange my fgish somehow to stop the harrasment or what do you guys and girls think i should do?

Thanks

I don't know how much room a cigar fish needs, but I would move it into the 10 gal if possible, to see if the problem stops. You probably need to treat the angel fish for its fins, but I don't have any experience with that. Hopefully somebody will come along to help with that.

Good luck.

The problem might be more with the red tail shark than the annostomus. They have such tiny mouths. It's difficult for me to suspect that fish is the problem.

Ive never seen the RTBS chase any fish though, only the annostumus. Do You think i should move either of the fish

Back
Top Bottom