Platy in bad shape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JadieeBee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, So I guess this is where I post this.. please remove/tell me off if I'm wrong!

I was doing a Spruce up of my tank, when I came across this little guy. He is the smallest of 16, been that way since birth.

I recently went away for 11 days. I had someone feeding the fish. So anyway, I was sorting out ornaments ect when I found him just laying on the gravel. I placed him under a hallow log type thing I have, to keep him safe and kept an eye on him.

Today I decided he hasn't got any better therefore I had to remove him. Taking too google I have scared myself with possibilities of fish TB as this Bent-ness is new.

I'm on a FB page and posted there, I was advised to euthanise the fish. Before taking drastic measures, this is my last ditched attempt to try and save him... otherwise the Clove Oil will be purchased tomorrow!

I cannot tell you my water parameters. I used test strips, all seemed fine the other day so I tossed it. But it was my last one! I'm going to get an API freshwater test kit tomorrow as advised by the FB group.

I'm thinking a Trauma, or TB, or maybe even a birth defect? I started off with two and they multiplied between themselves. im yet to find a place locally who doesn't sell diseased fish.

He will attempt to swim but mostly just lays there like this.

Attachments

• IMG_7979.jpg
    IMG_7979.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 55
More Pictures.

Some more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_7987.jpg
    IMG_7987.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7986.jpg
    IMG_7986.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for taking the time to reply! It's been around a week total and if anything he's got worse than better. I segregated him last night but this morning he was just still and frantically breathing. I've sent him on his way, I used Clove Oil and he was gone within seconds! And now I know where to post if I have any future issues (touch wood I don't!)

Again, Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom