Possible sick knife fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LjGar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My knife fish is acting rather strangely... I don't if it's really a problem, so hopefully someone out there will be able to clearify it. He/she is swimming around a lot more than usual, and every couple of seconds he either rams into something (almost aggresively), or he lays down on his side for a moment, and then goes back to swimming. Should I be worried about this? Maybe watch for a couple of days and see if it's just some strange patern of behavior that i didn't notice before? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Has he been eating well? It sounds like an aggravated hunting behaviour.

I haven't really noticed any change in his appetite... He's eager to eat, but he doesn't gorge like some of my others do.

Okay... so he's acting normal again.. I suppose it was just a fluke. I'm going to keep an eye on him though.

i

i love knife fish they are so cool. but ive heard they can be aggressive is this true?

Could just be going through the ' oddbod ' stage of just a bit of boredom perhaps, nothing to worry about, although as you say, keep an eye out. What do you currently feed your fish ? Offer the fish something different that it will like to try and please it.

Live bloodworms are always popular.

Back
Top Bottom