Sick angelfish? Please help me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesselav1233

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so I bought two angel fish from this lfs around me and when I introduced them to my discus tank all 8 of my discus died :( I have since bleached the tank and re cycled my tank and have 4 very happy discus again but 1 of the sick angels is still alive I had him in a QT and treated for parasites then treated for bacterial but this fish is still sick he eats but his whole body is covered in slime and his eyes are cloudy fins clamped shut he's not happy and I feel bad for him he is in my 37 gallon tank now ( angel tank) but he's getting no better what should I do?

Imo I would raise the temp to 86 to be safe and add mardel maracyn 2 or plus with a combo of coopersafe. Or did you already try this?

No I used API general cure and after two courses of it I used rid ich plus but he got no better:( are the two meds u mentioned safe to administer together or do I have to do separately? Thank you for replying to my thread it is much appreciated

Jesselav1233 said:
No I used API general cure and after two courses of it I used rid ich plus but he got no better:( are the two meds u mentioned safe to administer together or do I have to do separately? Thank you for replying to my thread it is much appreciated

I swear by mardel meds. When you buy it there will be a sheet in the box to help you pick what meds you need and all its very helpful. According to the sheet you can do them both at the same time

Jesselav1233 said:
Thank you I think I'm going to try it cause he's a really pretty angel fish thanks again

Your welcome
Just remember sometimes meds won't work. If the fish is too sick and about ready to die, even if it is the right med. Sorry about the discus so rip

Yeah I know I think he might be there to unfortunately he's actually my girlfriends fish she loves angelfish so I'm trying hard to get him to pull through when I went to the store I got him at all the other Angels from the tank I got him from looked just as sick as mine this fish has cost me like 500- 600 bucks after all my discus died and restocking the tank and everything else plants etc she's lucky I love her cause it's been hell for this stupid angel fish lol

Jesselav1233 said:
Yeah I know I think he might be there to unfortunately he's actually my girlfriends fish she loves angelfish so I'm trying hard to get him to pull through when I went to the store I got him at all the other Angels from the tank I got him from looked just as sick as mine this fish has cost me like 500- 600 bucks after all my discus died and restocking the tank and everything else plants etc she's lucky I love her cause it's been hell for this stupid angel fish lol

Lol well I think you said it is eating witch is a good sign he bay not be to far along

Not so good body slime is gone but his fins are like deteriorating from fin rot he has like no fins left and still has cloudy eyes but he still eats like a champ it's so weird

Jesselav1233 said:
Not so good body slime is gone but his fins are like deteriorating from fin rot he has like no fins left and still has cloudy eyes but he still eats like a champ it's so weird

I bet he will bounce out of it in time

I'll let you know in a few days I'm thinking u might be right he's finless at this point but seems to look better now then he has since he got sick poor guy:/

Andrew McFadden said:
I bet he will bounce out of it in time

So get this my girl bought some little fish that had ich so I bumped the tank to 88 degrees made the sick angel come right back to life he is perfectly healthy and eating and appears happy again I guess the high temp jump started his immune system or something his fins lost a lot from the fin rot but they are growing back quickly now

Back
Top Bottom