Sick Tiger barb - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BubbledCity

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A bit of background first - I have a 10 gallon, cycled tank. The inhabitants as of now are four tiger barbs, 5 ghost shrimp, and a corydora. This Friday I am adding more corydora as I was falsely lead to believe they do fine alone. I'm not sure to add any more barbs because I feel i am already pushing it. But my problem is that since I have gotten my tiger barbs, Fe Fi Fo and Fum, I've noticed that Fum (My biggest tiger barb) has been acting quite sickly. He often hovers in one place in the tank, seeming phased and removed from the group. Other times he will follow the group, just at a slow rate. I've found that I have to feed him by dropping a sinking tablet right in front of him. Furthermore, I've noticed a white film around his mouth and trailing just up his "snout". Does this ring any bells? I also don't want to really add my coppersafe medication because it says on the bottle that it may harm invertebrates (My ghost shrimp).

Anyways what should I Do? What is wrong with him? Thanks!

A bit of background first - I have a 10 gallon, cycled tank. The inhabitants as of now are four tiger barbs, 5 ghost shrimp, and a corydora. This Friday I am adding more corydora as I was falsely lead to believe they do fine alone. I'm not sure to add any more barbs because I feel i am already pushing it. But my problem is that since I have gotten my tiger barbs, Fe Fi Fo and Fum, I've noticed that Fum (My biggest tiger barb) has been acting quite sickly. He often hovers in one place in the tank, seeming phased and removed from the group. Other times he will follow the group, just at a slow rate. I've found that I have to feed him by dropping a sinking tablet right in front of him. Furthermore, I've noticed a white film around his mouth and trailing just up his "snout". Does this ring any bells? I also don't want to really add my coppersafe medication because it says on the bottle that it may harm invertebrates (My ghost shrimp).

Anyways what should I Do? What is wrong with him? Thanks!
Well it won't let me post pictures so if you need any pics I have a Kik: StevenStone_GG

White film growth on a fish is a symptom of Columnaris. If that's the case it's better to remove the infected fish as to save the remaining tankmates. Afterwards make a large 50% water change. There is really no cure for Columnaris.

White film growth on a fish is a symptom of Columnaris. If that's the case it's better to remove the infected fish as to save the remaining tankmates. Afterwards make a large 50% water change. There is really no cure for Columnaris.
Unfortunately after moving him to a quarantine tank I found him dead this morning. I'll have to see how the others turn out, I hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom