Spin....spin....SPIN... FALL!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first thing that comes to mind is ammonia/nitrite levels, so do like a 40-50% water change if you haven't already, and try to get a liquid test kit tomorrow (api is the most common). We need to know more in order to find your problem.

hth

Yeah
A snail and a fancy guppy. Snail =great guppy.. Well
Let's just say he's at the bottom of my
Tank...

That's not good, (obviously). How many fish did you recently introduce to your tank? If you added too many at once, that could have been a factor.

Honestly though, if you don't know your parameters, most, (if not all), LFS will check it for free. Of course, if you have the money, I would highly suggest buying the API Freshwater Master Kit. In the interim, you could do pwc's, but I would refrain from adding more fish until you're positive that your tank is cycled.

Btw do you get your fish in Omaha?

Nope. I only go to the Petco and Petsmart in Bellevue to get my stock. I've had better luck w/ them than any LFS in Omaha. :D

Ya. I was going to try petsmart and see if their fish care is humane at least..

Both places keep their fish stock in decent order, but there's always a few fish that don't look too well in their tanks. That's typical w/ chain stores though. Petsmart is better than Petco at removing any diseased/deceased fish from their tanks. If you stop by Petsmart, be sure to take a small sample of your water and they will test it for you. Of course, they use the strips, but at least it should give you an idea of where you're at on your cycle.

My friend also dropped a fake
Flower and it is highly possible that it had harmful chemicals in it.

Oh... I see. I believe I read about this on one of your other threads. How many threads do you have on here? :ROFLMAO:

Btw, mods are happy mods when there's only 1 thread made per topic. Just a friendly FYI. ;)

Edit: What type of chemicals could be on the fake flower?! Unless you were spraying hairspray nearby or dipped the flower in scented oils, etc. I wouldn't think it would have any chemicals on it that would leak into the tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom