Spin....spin....SPIN... FALL!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, acclimate means how did you get them used to the new water before putting them in? I say this because it sounds like a case of temperature or pH shock.

I set them into my room.. Later I set the bag into the tank.. Then eventually let them swim into their new homes.. It happened hours after. Right after I fed them some brine shrimp.

Well, the brine shrimp could have been infected... were they live?

But remember, even if you float the bag in the tank, they can die of pH shock if you don't acclimate them to the actual water. After floating for 15-20 minutes, you'll need to start adding small doses of tank water into the bag every 5-10 minutes for a couple of hours.

Then, net them out (don't dump) into the water. That way you can prevent that from happening.

Another thing is, how long did you leave them in the bag? They say to try not to leave them in the bag without opening it for more than maybe 20-30 minutes, as the fish can actually run out of fresh oxygen in the water.

All right, well, it's probably either the acclimation or you bought weak stock.

Sorry to hear.

I'm assuming some sort of ammonia/nitrite spike is causing this, from the increased bioload?

krap i beleive she knows about cycling ita been mentioned in many a previous thread im just curious as to how she cycled if memory serves 5 days ago she wasn't i believe

i'm not so sure, wolf, she answered your parameter/cycle question with "IDK".

to the OP--do you have a liquid test kit (API or other liquid kit)? if so, can you give us your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? sorry to hear your fish are dying, but if you give us this information we may be able to help save them.

it sounds like you need to do a large PWC. make sure you use dechlor and temp match the water.

Hi, Maddy! Sorry to hear about your fish. :( Did you have any fish in the tank prior to the addition of the new stock?

Btw, I live just South of Omaha... small world! :D

Back
Top Bottom