Tiger Barb with ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
What can I use to treat ick. The ick is on my tiger barb. I'm already using salt and I dont want to buy anything.:banghead:

Make sure you do a water change sucking up water from close to the gravel! Then turn up the heat in your tank!!!!! This is important I just went through a bout of iCh in one of my tanks turn your heat up to 85-86 n leave it there til about a week after all the spots disappear from your fish

Make sure you do a water change sucking up water from close to the gravel! Then turn up the heat in your tank!!!!! This is important I just went through a bout of iCh in one of my tanks turn your heat up to 85-86 n leave it there til about a week after all the spots disappear from your fish
Problem: My tiger barb is in a un heated tank.

I just recently had ich.. tried just medications in an unheated tank... helped some but still had it... I bought a heater.. and now i haven't seen any signs of it in a few days...

my take away: with the cost of all the medicine i could have bought.. the heater was a better investment

Agreed you are not going to be able to treat this iCh without "buying anything". You really need to get a heater plus tiger barbs are tropical fish n even though they can tolerate cooler temps than some unless it's always warm where you live I can imagine not having a heater might present further problems in the future.

Heater. Make sure you do lots of water changes.

Back
Top Bottom