Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What is wrong with my angelfish?

Symptoms: jutting, shaking (entire body as if shivering from cold). The first angel who died, stayed at the bottom if the tank, and floated around. The one acting funny now stays at the top of the tank. He didn't even go to his territory for bed. Below Is my most recent post. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO HELP MY FISH! (20 gallon tank with now 3 baby angels)
Suede passed. I'm so upset. No time to even be sad, as sparkle has now spent over 24 hours at the top of the tank. There are still 0 nitrites, ammonia, under 5 nitrates. Ph a little under 8.0. I just don't understand! I did not sleep last night, trying to figure out what's wrong. After watching videos, and reading about every angelfish story online, I think it is either gill flukes or internal bacteria. Problem is, I don't know which. I am going to try tetra parasite guard. It sees to cover the most possibilities. I bought macaryn2, and e.r., to try to fight bacteria if this doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure I can't use any of these together. If anyone has had a bad experience with these meds, or has a better idea that using chemicals, please let me know. I just don't think I can watch these fish die off one by one after all the work I've put into this. And, I feel helpless as heck! I can't post a video, but again, suede lost total control of his ability to swim around, and kind of floated. Sparkle is bigger and stronger, but he keeps swimming on his sides (both), stays at the top of the tank, and lips always moving. He is still eating. I am posting this as a separate thread also, in hopes I will get more opinions before putting meds into my tank. Thank you!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Since the OP is using a cell phone for her forum use I thought I would paste the continuation of an ongoing conversation here in hopes of a second or third opinion.

Quote:
I have melafix, parasite guard (which is supposed to cure everything except bacterial), macaryn2, erythromycin (supposed to be for bacterial). I took out my carbon, and put the parasite guard in the tank. I hate to get my hopes up, but sparkle twitched thru it a few times, and I swear she started swimming stronger and straighter. This medicine says only use a total of 3 times TOTAL, and leave 48 hours between doses. I'm watching them for any agitation, and will do a 20% water change after 48 hours. How will I know if it worked? I mean, obviously, if he's not at the top, and stops jerking, but most medicines say to make sure you finish the full dose recommended (typically 5 days). Sounds like this is a one time deal. Should I treat for bacteria now, or see how it goes?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks so much! People are probably sick of hearing my pleas. Sorry. Just really want to figure this out and save my fish!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

To me, it sounds like a parasite. Where did you get the Angels? this link has a list of possible issues with their causes, does anything match? Diseases in the Aquarium: How to Identify Common Tropical Fish Parasites
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://youtu.be/06DFMvnmBgo is my fish on 6/25. Before the problems. Did I upload correctly?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://youtu.be/GBQeuwfOoR4 this is today. I swear he has a bruise under his gill. And all of them are rubbing against the side of the tank
Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://youtu.be/GBQeuwfOoR4 is sparkle today. They all rub on the glass
Old 05-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This is poor suede the night he died hospital tank http://youtu.be/l6wDivXSTDw
Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sparkle 2 days ago. Beginning of the end? ;(
Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://youtu.be/niwgpiljBoo

Tags
angel, angelfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com