Why does my keyholes have pale colours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeliciaC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! About a month ago I bought seven keyhole cichlids to my 100 gallon. I bought them from a person and he delivered them to my house. At first I thought they looked a bit pale but they where stressed so i considered it to be normal. But their colours havent changed! As you can see in the picture (here it is: http://postimg.org/image/algu6o7ex/ ), the black markings are really pale, and on some keyholes it barely exists. I dont understand why. I have a lot of hiding spots and their only company is glow light tetras and an ancistrus. I give them cichlid pellets, flakes, frozen foods and i change 15% of the water every week. I use easylife ffm. The keyholes are eating well and doesnt seem to be sick. I need help :(

I have two full grown adults that I've had since juvie size. Their colors have always fluctuated like that too. I think they're just extremely skittish and everything freaks them out. When they do actually chill out and show they're colors it's impressive though. Someone else with more experience might have a better answer for ya though.

Back
Top Bottom