29 gallon bio cube cannot keep clean more than a week need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Changing your substrate is a good start. I recommend that you do the weekly smaller water changes with a monthly larger one. This will help. So much easier to enjoy a tank when they look somewhat like we want them to.

I'm sure that I will be more apt to do my water changes if in not having to syphon the cc also that was really the nuisance part of it moving my rock scapping and everything. My tank has finally cleared to the point I can see across it now still have not added my livestock back yet just some rock

Here's the tank after changes made it's an early shot with the natural sun I get in the morning no tank lights on I'm not sure if it's what is causing the problem with the algae but I'm a few days in after the switch to sand and everything is looking much better ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397139160.581798.jpg

As long as you have direct sunlight you will need to take that into consideration. Perhaps back down your artificial lighting to help account for the direct sunlight. Honestly, you will have to just play it by ear and see what works best for you. Tanks, especially nano tanks, take regular care if you want them to look pretty and clean.

Where is the natural light coming from? Couldn't you hang curtains or blinds to block the light?

The light is coming from windows I haven't decided to buy thicker curtains yet I'm going to see if it is more manageable with changes I have made so far also I am in the process of trying to get a sump/fuge added to it

Sun light is not the issue. Excess nutrients is what causes algae. Without nitrates and phosphates there would be no algae even in sun light. Maybe try cutting back on feeding.

Back
Top Bottom