Baby ?'s.............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weagle117

Aquarium Advice Regular
After lights out tonight I took a flashlight & went to check out what was going on in the aquarium. After sitting a moment I began to notice tiny little fish (I think) swimming toward the light. My fire clown also noticed and began to snack. I turned off the lights and waited until I thought the clown had retired for the night & went back to look again. They looked like tiny elongated fish, transparent, very straight (unlike the peppermint shrimp I saw a few weeks ago), and glowed goldish where their eyes were. They darted around forward & I would guess the largest ones were @1/8" or less long. I had a magnifying glass- otherwise I would never know those details:)
Now, my question is: Could these be damsels? The only thing I have 2 of in the tank are blue damsels (with yellow tails). I added the 2nd damsel @ 6-9 weeks ago from another tank. I watched to see if they might fight but never saw a problem. They each have their own shells to sleep in & they seemed fine with each other. Strangely enough, I check the tank periodically to see what could be coming out at night that I don't see during daylight hours. I have never seen this. This is a list of what else is in my tank: yellow tang, fire clownfish, 6 line wrasse, chromis, and a scooter blenny that I can't seem to find lately, a large coral banded shrimp, a flame scallop, a coco feather duster, mushrooms, star polyps, eagle eye zoas, pipe organ coral, xenia, a frag of seasons greeting montipora, and some white palys (all pretty small frags- except the mushrooms). I treated for cynobacteria almost 48 hrs ago & need to do a 20% water change tomorrow. Can any of those reproduce assexually? I have some little pods (acropods, I think) in my sump but don't see those in the tank. I'm really curious about what these are.... Is there any way to do a water change without sucking them all up- whatever they are? Thanks for your ideas.

I doubt they are damsels. I might be wrong with this, but I believe that with blue damsels the female has the yellow tail and the male has something different.

Baby ???

What could they be? I checked tonight & don't see them anymore.... I'm guessing they were eaten.

Back
Top Bottom