bubbles and red stuff growing on everything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok we are going to do a 4 day black out with the tank that has the dino and buffer it everyday to keep the ph up. Now what is the best thing to do with the tank that has the canyo? Do water changes everyday or do a 4 day black out like we are doing with the other tank?

Ok we are going to do a 4 day black out with the tank that has the dino and buffer it everyday to keep the ph up. Now what is the best thing to do with the tank that has the canyo? Do water changes everyday or do a 4 day black out like we are doing with the other tank?
Good deal,hope the xenia makes it through.Remember to raise your ph slowly and also that ph natually drops when the lights go out,so keep that in mind so you don't overshoot it.Also block the tank with something to prevent ambient light from getting in.Then be patient.lol.

Cyano tank,yes,step up wc's,filter maintenance,start running (if not already) gfo in your filter or chemipure elite,add more flow to the tank.If no corals you can kill the lights to for a jump start,but remember also just blacking out will not fix the issues.Good luck!

**** grinder, that taught me something! Looked up all that, well said sir! BTW OP, yeah, I'd do that!;)

Thank u soooooooo much dude!!!! We will let u know how it all goes!!!

After a 4 day blackout with the Dino tank, there's still brown stuff covering my rocks. I turned the lights on this morning and bubbles are already starting to form. What do I need to do now?

Did you

reduce flow in the tank?
cover to block ANY ambient light?
monitor/buffer ph at 8.4/8.5 during the whole time?
added nothing else but top off water and buffer?
no water changes done?

I've battled dino's twice and this method has worked wonders both times,if it did not get them all,I would continue treatment for another 4 days.I've seen reefers want to tear thier tanks down because of dinos,persistance is the key,keep fighting.

If a second attempt fails,start researching hydrogen peroxide dosing/treatments,it's a newer method showing promising results on dinos as well as many other tank ailments and algaes,buuut,how risky is it?IDK,luckily,i've never had to try it.But from everything i've read so far on it,it would be a consideration of mine.

Back
Top Bottom