? For the zoa experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The second pic is definitely lunar eclipses. No idea on the rest. Check zoaid. It is pretty easy to run them there and you come up with an id pretty easy.

Each color zoas has about 4 or 5 names. Its a marketing scheme as far as I can tell.

That first one is a classic example, when it first showed up, it was Pink and Golds, then people started placing it under different spectrum's of t5 lighting and LEDs and all the sudden it was five or six different things, and everybody wanted a little bit more for each color morph. Plain and simple, they are Zoanthid sp. or Palythoa sp. You will save a whole lot of money that way.

That first one is a classic example, when it first showed up, it was Pink and Golds, then people started placing it under different spectrum's of t5 lighting and LEDs and all the sudden it was five or six different things, and everybody wanted a little bit more for each color morph. Plain and simple, they are Zoanthid sp. or Palythoa sp. You will save a whole lot of money that way.

Buttttt they are named!!! Lol jk I only buy little frags of named zoas for cheap. Paying anything over $5 a polyp is insane. I think the naming thing is fun and there are some morphs that are clear cut to their name. However most of the ops I have no clue

I understand they are all zoas, but would you want to pay the price of a Jedi mind trick "montipora" and get a regular morph of "montipora"? Some names are ridiculous along with their pricing, but I do a lot of local trading and it's important to know a name and value of something offered in a trade.

I understand they are all zoas, but would you want to pay the price of a Jedi mind trick "montipora" and get a regular morph of "montipora"? Some names are ridiculous along with their pricing, but I do a lot of local trading and it's important to know a name and value of something offered in a trade.

I paid $10 for my mind trick monti frag :) haha. Back on track I like the names, it adds to the hobby IMO.

Yea there is definitely a reason for all those names there are so many different morphs out there that's why the names are crazy but yea the names are a part of the fun

Back
Top Bottom