Got a chance to hand pick Premium Deco Liverock from Gulf Liverock. Got some cool thi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikienhecker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off thank you Dan for letting me hand pick the liverock, that was awesome.
Second, I dont have a clue what i have in there. I have crabs, tunicates, sea squirts, soft and hard corals, clams sea pens and fans i think, a crazy cleanup crew, and a bunch of coraline algae. I am posting picks and hope yall have fun identifying this stuff. I am going to buy food this weekend and need advice and opinions as to what i need to buy and how long i need to wait to start feeding. I had an anticipated ammonia spike so i know i need to wait a while but im not sure what suplements and foods that i need to use. I was going for diversity so its kinda a lot to look at. Thank yall, any advice would be apreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-C105A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think this is a rock anemone

Attachments

• 1422111146438.jpg
    1422111146438.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 149
I have at least three of these clams. Kinda hard to make out but its right under the white squirts

Attachments

• 1422111306120.jpg
    1422111306120.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 151
I have looked and had trouble finding information on these creatures. The next one i am just looking for the name. Its fairly common and easy to maintain. Some kind of hard stony coral.

Attachments

• 1422111567983.jpg
    1422111567983.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 161
The last pic was some type of coral doesn't look like it's living now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well its alive. I know its not very colorful but it slowly retracts when i blow water on it. One of the seven heads i have has got green centers. I will take a couple pics. 1422630270685.jpgthis is what they looked like when i first put them in the tank
1422630349769.jpg
And this is them a week ago
1422630477024.jpg
And this is now. I just did the first waterchange after the cycle, i had a large ammonia spike after adding 20 pounds uncured liverock.

Another one i am trying to figure out is this one. It has small tenticles and is a about an inch across the widest point. With and without actinics.

Attachments

• 1422630788397.jpg
    1422630788397.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 1422630854879.jpg
    1422630854879.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 113
If you are concerned with the life on that rock you should have cycled the other rock in a separate container.
Those round brain-like skeletons could be Goneastra Retiformis. Hard to say at this point, but they are not in good shape at the moment.

Good call on the retiformis. I have looked everywhere for the name of that one. They didnt look there best right after a waterchange. Thank you. What about the depressed disk. Do i need to feed it anything?

I'm not sure what it is yet. It could be a mini carpet. Does it have a skeleton? Either way, proper lighting and good parameters will be enough to sustain it. I would not be adding any food right now and trying to be through with the cycle. Perhaps some large water changes to lessen toxic levels would be a good idea.

Awesome. I finished the cycle with some Bio Spira about 5 days ago. Did a 50 percent waterchange today and the next time i test i will post.

It could be a single polyp of many things at this point. You are just going to have to give it some time and see what it becomes.

Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 15, ph 7.8

I have looked and had trouble finding information on these creatures. The next one i am just looking for the name. Its fairly common and easy to maintain. Some kind of hard stony coral.

looks like skeletons of Goniopora(flowerpots)

Hard to tell from the picture but they look like fuzz almost. I took a better pic

Thats fine with me. My aquarium was pretty much empty before we went to the Keys. They are going to just be back drop for other things farther down the road. Is there anything you can tell me about keeping them? Should i keep certain species away from them?

Back
Top Bottom