Help with ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't see a sponge in either pic, I did see a favites sp coral that is a common hitchiker on Fiji LR. All you can really do is make sure they get light and maintain your CA and ALK levels.

Right now, I have normal 30W light on my tank. I am going to have 192 compact PC soon. I have this for ~3mths, can I still revive it after I got my light? Does it corrupt the water if its dies???

If it survives until the new lights get here, yeah, just make sure you acclimate it to the new lighting. Use 4-6 layers of plastic window screem to block some of the light and remove a layer every few days. If it does die, it will degrade water quality a bit, but a well established tank shouldn't have a problem dealing with it, a water change woulddn't hurt though.

It is exactly the color when I received my LR. It is white and now algae grow on it. So as you said, it probably already died when I received the LR. Do I need to remove it and how? Seem like it stick to the LR pretty hard and is not easy to remove it. Not sure though.

It is exactly the color when I received my LR. It is white and now algae grow on it. So as you said, it probably already died when I received the LR. Do I need to remove it and how
I wouldnt worry about it.. It is not really going to do any harm...

as Kevin stated
If it does die, it will degrade water quality a bit, but a well established tank shouldn't have a problem dealing with it, a water change woulddn't hurt though
If you are cycleing the tank with the LR then its even better to leave it in there..

BTW
That looks like 100% fiji correct???

HTH<
James

This is a 3mths old tank, it already past the cycling of the tank. Just worried that it will cause bad quality. will it release phosphate?

Just worried that it will cause bad quality

If it's been like that for 3 months any water quality issues are long since past. The only way it could leach PO4 at this point would be if it's skeleton were composed of it, it's not, so it won't.

Back
Top Bottom