I can't even describe this one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmalpi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I can't even describe this one...

Just look a the pic or click on the link so you can see the video...
and then if you know what it is can you please let me know... Good or Bad?

Attachments

• ref_127.jpg
    ref_127.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 57
Amphiscolops sp. flatworm. Harmless, though sometimes they can become a nuisance. Right now, if you are only seeing 1 or a few, I wouldn't worry about them.

Nice pic, btw.

Not to rain on your parade or anything... but I bet if you look closer, you'll find more!

(I thought I just had one too. While I'm not at plague proportions, I am doing some mid-week syphoning of them to make sure they don't get away from me. Just keep an eye out...)

There numbers will rise and fall depending on their food source. I used to have them and never had them get out of control. Mine eventually died out on their own. They love to be in and around macros. (I'm pretty certain they consume copepods which would be abundant in clumps of macro algaes, and a quick google or search of wetwebmedia.com could confirm that) I wouldn't be overly concerned about them.

I agree with the others as it is a flatworm and will most likely die off if their food source slowly dies off.

Back
Top Bottom