Leech?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
9][/size] It was suggested that I post my unkown creature recently found in my 40 gal reef tank. It is NOT a bristle worm that has bristles on its sides. Description: Round, smooth body; whitish/cream colored, with grayish patches on the skin. Eyes (two) are on the top of the body (head is not noticeably different from the body) and are the same grey color as the body spots. Color may be distored as we only see the creature at night (under our red flashlight). I tried lifting it out with tongs, but it held tight, like an anemonie. Couldn't see the entire body as its bottom/tail stayed anchored under the rocks. I check several times during the night to see if it moved or was after my corals, fish, etc., but it seemed to stay in the same general location. One idea I had was a Hirudinea (Leech) which I read on a web site. I have found NO pictures in my myriad of reef books on corals, fish, invertebrates, etc.. that even come close to this creature. Would appreciate any clues, and if you happen to know what this might be, is it dangerous to other life in my tank? :?:

Back
Top Bottom